Monday, November 28, 2011

Check it off the list!

My first post was this summer...I've since turned 29 <eek!> and I just thought it would be a good idea to look and see what I can cross off my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30.

Let's take a look...


1. Skydiving - I always thought I was adventurous...until it came time that I could actually do things on my own. Someone brought up skydiving to me last year, and I thought, ya know, Morgan, just do it. So I'm gonna.
2. Join a Bible Study - I am hungry for the word of my Lord, and I know that I must begin at the bottom. I don't know much about anything when it comes to the bible. Maybe they'll have room in with the little kids...
3. Volunteer - Giving back to my community is something that makes my heart so happy.
4. Go to my 10 year High School Reunion - High School was never my favorite. I despised school all the way through. Thankfully, we're in an age that Facebook is sometimes the end all be all of communication, and I'm ok with that...But I'd like to hug a few people that I keep up with. Life is so short, embrace it while it's here.
5. Have Thanksgiving with my Mom - I have not spent Thanksgiving with my mom in almost 10 years. This year, I'm sitting right next to her.
6. Read 25 books - I don't think this should be too difficult. I've got roughly 18 months to do this.
7. Learn Something New - Photography, blogging, writing, who knows, just something that I don't already know.
8. Learn to forgive - Enough said.
9. Lose 20 pounds
10. But my first piece of real furniture - Not just a bookcase from Ikea, but something real and true that I can keep for years and years.
11. Pay it Forward, monthly - Once a month, I want to buy someones coffee, or a young mom's groceries. Just something to help people realize that there are good people in this world.
12. Relax - Sit peacefully with a quiet mind. 30 minutes once a week, at least.
13. Go on a romantic vacation - no plans, just someplace simple, with water and sunshine, and pina coladas.
14. Have fresh flowers on the table at least once a month
15. Make a difference - be true to me and be true to those around me.
16. Wear high heels
17. Call my best friend once a week
18. Save money - for nothing special
19. Clean out my closet
20. Take loads of pictures
21. Set goals - And keep them
22. Adopt a doggie -My life was and will always be complete with a four legged friend.
23. Consider going back to college - I know what y'all are thinking...
24. Spread awareness - For Chase, learn about Trisomy 18 at www.trisomy18.org
25. Remind myself and my friends that tomorrow is not a guarantee. Live the life given to you, make the best of your days, for they are few.


Ok, so I was able to cross off 3 things.

I joined a women's small group bible study, and I just love going to it. It's each Tuesday evening. So thankful I found it!!  Ray and I have also started going to a Sunday School class before Church.

I went to my 10 year high school reunion...It wasn't the best thing ever, but it wasn't awful either. I met up with a few people that I was excited to see. And, I only stayed about an hour. lol!

And lastly, I spent Thanksgiving with my mom. We had a wonderful time together. I miss her terribly already...I wish so much that she and I lived closer.

So, since I'm only able to cross off three things, I'll keep on working towards the rest.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Ciao,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment